Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Your Love is Amazing

Tonight was one of those moments where God just completely amazes you. And not to say that He doesn't amaze me here in Uganda all the time, because he truly does. But tonight was one of those times that just takes the cake.

A little under a week ago Taylor and I were robbed while on a taxi. We will keep that short and simple. About 100,000 shillings were stolen which is the equivalent to about $50. So in the loss of a big chunk of money Taylor and I took 40,000 shillings from some money that one of the men from the team had given me to support me staying here longer in Uganda to help us get by until we could withdraw money from the ATM.

The whole situation was just very frustrating and emotional for the both of us.

But God is ever faithful. Tonight Taylor and I spent some time at Maria's Place to hang out with the team before they left tomorrow and Friday morning. One of the women on the team who Taylor and I absolutely adore pulled me aside to talk to me. She told me that ever since she had seen Taylor and I flipping a coin in a coffee shop, deciding whether to spend our money on coffee of not, that her heart broke for us. It was then that she pulled out $50 and handed it to me telling me that she wanted Taylor and I to have it. Of course I started crying and told her the story of how just last week we had $50 stolen from us.

Then Taylor and I were saying a few more goodbyes and I was telling the man who had given me some money to support me staying here in Uganda, how thankful I was for all he had done for me. He then gave me a penny with a cross cut out of it and told me he would be praying for me. After, he pulled out some money from his pocket and told me he wanted to give me a little more money. How much money did he give me? 40,000 shillings.

Every bit of money that we lost has been replaced. Exactly the amount.

God is good.
His love is absolutely amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment