Monday, July 15, 2013

Little Things

I think what makes this experiences so wonderful is all the little things.

  • The letters and drawings from all the kids that hang on mine and Taylor's bedroom wall
  • Worshiping with the kids each evening
  • Playing worship songs on my guitar while all the kids gather around and sing along
  • Riding the boda
  • Falling asleep across the room from my best friend and partner in crime each night
  • Having dirty feet at the end of the day
  • Henry's laugh
  • Sunday afternoon football matches and proving that I am a better player than Charles
  • High fives from the students at the school
  • Walking our students home from school
  • The bracelets I wear around my wrist that have been made by the kids
  • Waving back at the children along the road
  • Afternoon walks through the neighborhood
  • Deep talks
  • Eating dinner together as a family
  • Taylor and I dancing with Charles and Henry
  • All of Lawrence's little remarks
  • "Auntie Kelsey, run for your life!"
  • Basically being able to borrow peoples' babies for an hour or two
  • Calling pee, susu
  • Cassava and chapati
  • Being called "Auntie"
  • Never having to actually shower and no one caring
  • Getting away from the "real world" and experiencing God
"I'm in love with you [Uganda] and all these little things."

No comments:

Post a Comment