Friday, July 12, 2013

Long Live

There's a Taylor Swift song that I've found fitting into my life extremely well over the past few months. There's one line in particular that reminds me of where I once was and where I am today.
 "All these years we stood there on the side-lines wishing for right now."
I remember graduating high school and hating my life. My friends no longer liked me nor did they even desire to be my friend any longer. I started college spending countless hours in doctors offices trying to figure out what was wrong with my brain. And I all really wanted was to be at a different university playing soccer. But instead I was stuck in a life I hated, wondering why God had stripped me of all I had and loved and desired to have.

Years passed and I was still stuck in the rut of not liking my life. Wishing for my life to hold purpose. It wasn't until I became a Resident Advisor at my university that I truly found purpose in my life. I found a church I loved and a church whom loved me back. I made friends who cared about me, had a boss who supported me in literally everything I did, and had residents who looked up to me. God showed me that I mattered. He showed me that I could make a difference in the world and that there are genuine, good people in the world who sincerely care about me.

And here I am, sitting in a prayer room in Uganda, thinking about those days in which I stood there on the side-lines wishing for right now. I have found purpose in my life and God has given me more than I could ever imagine having and more than I deserve. His love has covered my life. I traded my baseball cap for a crown. I am God's beautiful queen. In my dirt and grime, sin and sorrow, God finds beauty in me, calls me His beloved, and puts purpose in my life.

So, long live this life of mine. Long live Jesus Christ. And long live never ending love.
This is the right now I stood on the sidelines wishing for.
"Give thanks to God, His love never quits." -2 Chronicals 20:21

No comments:

Post a Comment