Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Henry



Meet Henry.

The first and most important thing that you need to know about Henry is that he has the best laugh in the entire world. And let me tell you, it's quite contagious as well. Henry is ten years old, turning eleven on August 16th, or so he has told me. He is such a spirited boy who most definitely acts his age. He loves playing football as well as rough housing with his Aunties. 

There is not a day that goes by that he is not hanging on me, grabbing my arm and swinging me around, or just trying to pull some joke on me. And maybe it would be annoying to some people, but I absolutely love it. I adore Henry. He is outgoing and quite free-spirited. 

As Taylor began to teach Charles, another boy in the home how to two-step, Henry grabbed my hand and started dancing with me. We spent a good 45 minutes dancing to country music in the boys bedroom and then went out to the living room to record our dancing to show to the other aunties and uncles later.

Henry is just absolutely adorable. And even though he is definitely a ten year old boy when it comes to having fun, he still is a loving boy who cares about others and their well being.

My three favorite memories of Henry so far have been sitting next to him at the Uganda Cranes Football match, dancing around his bedroom with him, and him fall asleep on my lap and then shoulder on the van ride home from Graceland.

Henry is truly like a little brother to me. And though I am going to miss all of the kids when I do return home, I think I might miss Henry the most since I probably have the strongest bond with him out of all of the kids.

Please pray that Henry does will in school and that he can continue to have a strong relationship with the Lord has he grows older.



No comments:

Post a Comment