Wednesday, July 31, 2013

July 19, 2013 - Journal Entry

Day 62:

Being constantly waved at, looked at, and yelled at was amusing in the beginning, but as time passes, I grow to despise it more and more. It makes me feel alone in a crowded room. I raise my chin to find at least five chocolate faces staring back at me, watching my every move. I can't imagine what it would be like to be a celebrity. No way. No thank you.

To sit in the backyard and read my Bible without having someone yell at me, "Mzungu, jangu!" would be an absolute dream. It's like I'm constantly being watched.

And as I sit here in the backyard to a home of 17 children, I realize how big the world really is. In this big world I'm just as small as an ant. Still God chose to use me. He's placed this little ant in a big city to serve Him. And as I sit here on this stone wall and watch the ants scurry by, working for the king ant, I am reminded of how important my work for the almighty King of Kings is. I'm just a little ant, scurrying by, working for her king.

No comments:

Post a Comment