Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Keep Your Head Up

These past few days have been a complete whirlwind to say the least. Monday morning I went out to Mengo Hospital with Myranda to visit with George. Upon arrival Geroge's uncles were talking about George being ready to go home soon. I didn't really think this was possible, no matter how good he looked. A nurse then came up to me to thank me for all we had been doing for George and went on to say that George was ready to go home. Again I just ignored it, because that just wasn't possible.

After running into Sherry we fond that George was in fact being released. So within a few hours we had George loaded up into the van and on his way to the New Creation Family Home, where he would stay until he was strong enough for his next surgery.

(All of George's bags packed, ready to leave the hospital)

In a matter of hours I went from a teacher to a full time care giver to a little boy who needs 24/7 care.

(George arriving at the New Creation Family Home)

Let's just say that I am absolutely exhausted from all the work, but I am more than glad to do it. The first night was a rough one, but the second was much better with him sleeping in the Auntie's room instead of the boy's room. And thankfully the second night there was no vomiting. Just lots of listening to his dog Doug, talk. He would push his hand and make him talk. Over and over and over. It was quite amusing actually.

Three weekss ago no one would have imagined George even making it to today, but here he is laughing and smiling, getting to begin living life as a normal eight year old boy once again.

(George meeting Henry, Charles, and Peter)

I am thankful for the blessings God has laid onto his life and I am thankful that I've been able to get to know him and help care for him.

Just today, he quoted Philippians 4:13. "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."

So here is to a long journey that lies ahead, but a happy one. A journey of healing and hope.

(George watching a movie for the first time ever)

Please pray for George to continue to heal quickly, to gain strength and weight, and to feel comfortable, loved, and cared about in the NCFH. And please also pray for all of us who are working together to help care for George.

(Staying warm outside in a Snuggie)

1 comment:

  1. Amen George!!!!!!
    "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."
    Philippians 4:13
    Hi this is Diane, Tyler's mom.
    I am so thankful that George went HOME to New Creation!!!!!! I have not had a night rest in 3 weeks, ever since Tyler met George. He in on my mind day and night. When Tyler told me that he went home today, I cried tears of joy. Kelsey, Sherry - God Bless you for all that you are doing. I will continue to pray for George's strength and weight gain, and for all of the amazing people that are caring for George.
    Please give him a hug and kiss from me.
    All my love
    Diane
    xoxoxoxxo

    ReplyDelete