Thursday, July 4, 2013

I put my hands up, they're playing my song...

The 4th of July is most definitely my favorite holiday, so it was a bit sad to not be with my family today. Nonetheless, Taylor and I made it a day to remember.

We began by making sure to wear red, white, and blue. We had to teach but since the kids are preparing for competition we only taught one lesson and then walked down the street to another school to see if they had instruments we could use. They didn't, but the adventure was lovely. And we again felt like celebrities when we arrived at the school. Every kid waved at us and were not satisfied until we waved back. When we retuned to our school it was lunch time so we arm wrestled, learned some more Lugandan, and hung out inside while it rained outside. 

When the rain stopped we called our boda driver to take us to Oasis mall so we could get pedicures. On our way we listened to some "American" songs on my iPod, including Party in the USA of course. 

When we arrived at Oasis we walked around and then went to get our pedicures. We both chose red to support America. After we even went and got some pizza and then did some more waking around before deciding to get some ice cream. 

We caught a boda which was pulled over as soon as we got on it because they could not have two people on it where we were. He paid the cop 5,000 schillings to get out of going to the police station and then successfully took us to Victory City Church where we met some of the boys from the school we teach at and played pool with them. 

We finally made our way home where Charles (Kenshin) and Henry teased us for coming back so late. 

Today was such a good day. It makes me sad thinking that Taylor is only here with me for five more weeks. It makes me sick to my stomach thinking about how she will not be here the whole time I'm here. She's literally become my best friend and I don't want to think about a day when I won't get to see her. 

But I still do have five weeks with her if we look at the cup half full :]

Happy 4th of July to you all!! May God bless you greatly! 




No comments:

Post a Comment