Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Bedroom Tour

I thought that perhaps you would like to see the room that I am staying in while in Uganda, so I decided to take a few photos to show you around. So, enjoy!


This is a shelf that Izzi and I use for our food and that I also use for my cosmetics and such. It is the the left of the door when you walk into the room. I also store my guitar case at the foot of Izzi's bed.

I have claimed this wall for all the letters the the children have written me. I have recently become tired of hanging them, so a lot of them are just in a big envelope, but it's a nice reminder of all the love that's given to me here in Uganda.

This is Izzi's bed, which was Taylor's bed before she went back to America about a month ago. Izzi uses the shelf to the right of the bed as her night stand and little storage space. The top of the shelf has a mirror that we placed there as well as some body sprays we purchased at the supermarket. I also store my guitar next to her bed, against our desk.

Oh, and my Taylor Swift calendar is placed next to the window. The sun was much too bright at the moment for it to show up in the photo.

Here is our desk and my bed. I sleep on the bottom bunk, which I actually enjoy quite a lot. It's my own little cave in there which is nice for quiet time. On the desk we keep our chargers, sunglasses, pens, pencils, and then I just keep my random little nick knacks. I didn't do a close up of the desk because a gift for my dad is being used as room decor at the moment and I didn't want to spoil the surprise. But I do have my Club 1031 photo displayed on the top of the desk as well!

I also have photos of my friends and family placed above my bed as well as encouraging words I wrote on index cards.

Here is the little space that I claimed as my own on the desk. Of course having my Wolfpack photo next to my bed is a complete must. My guitar picks, Ugandan phone, rocks for Ricardo, trinkets the kids have given me, trinkets from my mom, bracelets, rings, earrings, sweeties, lotion, chapstick, hand sanitizer, my new flashlight that is already broken...and I think that's about it. Random stuff is kept here.

I use two ice chests has my night stand. My computer is typically on the back ice chest while all my books are kept on the front one, as well as my iPod. 

This is where we hang our towels, hats, bags, laundry bags, belts and such. Sometimes I hang my backpack on there, but usually not. 

And then here is my closet! I live out of my suitcases. I store my shoes under the bed and my hoodies are usually hung on the ladder of the bunk bed. My jeans are on there at the moment because it started raining outside while my clothes were drying yesterday and my pants are still yet to dry.

And of course, Bruv is always sleeping on my bed. It wouldn't be the same without him around. 


Well, that is about it. Not too much to show to be honest. I would show you the bathroom, but there's nothing much too it and it's not the cleanest thing if I'm completely honest. We keep it clean, but it's just naturally not clean. 


2 comments:

  1. I miss it so much, wow, it seems so unreal to think I stayed there with you and ahh. I miss you, and Izzi too. xxxxxx Claire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still have your letter hung on the top bunk where you stayed :] Miss you lots and lots!

      Delete