Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Lawrence


Meet Lawrence.

Lawrence is one of the older boys in the home who probably comes off as one of the most innocent. But don't be deceived, he is typically always in on a good joke. When I first came to Uganda, I didn't really connect with Lawrence because we are both somewhat quiet. But after time I began to really connect with him and is kind ways. 

Lawrence has one of the biggest hearts and his caring ways shine brightly. If there is not enough food, he is always willing to share his or give all of his up for the sake of others. He always out others first.Except for when we ask to take a photo of him. Then it's all about what he wants. The photo below doesn't do justice of how difficult it is to get a photo of him. 

Lawrence enjoys playing football and is usually put as keeper, because he's rather good at it. He wants to be a farmer when he grows up, and enjoys pulling a good prank or telling a good joke. I can hardly ever get a straight answer out of the boy because he messes with me so much.

But I will say, as time has drawn on, I have grown the closest to Lawrence out of all the kids here in Uganda. He is mature, respectful, kind, loving, and still knows how to take and throw a joke. Lawrence will be a great father one day, even though he harasses Joshua like no other at the moment.

Please pray for happiness for Lawrence and that he can do well in school. Lawrence would rather have fun than bear down and study, so pray for focus in school. Pray that he will continue to grow in the Lord and that he will be provided a highlighter when I leave so he can highlight in his Bible. (I think I'll leave him one of mine :])




No comments:

Post a Comment