Sunday, September 15, 2013

Primary-3


Meet my wild and crazy P3 class! 




Leonard
9 years old
Leonard is the only student in the class who is not repeating and continually places at number one. His best subject is math and he absolutely loves art. He also knows how to crack a good silly face. Him and his best friend Issac continually talk during class and love to mess around. But Leonard focuses when it's time to focus and loves a good challenge. 

Patricia
11 years old
Patricia is quite stubborn, although also an absolute sweetheart. Taylor told me she was crying one day at school when I was home helping care for George. When asked why she was crying, she stated that she missed me and wanted me to come back to school. Patricia is continually writing me letters and giving me bracelets. She is very good at math and performs well in school all around. She is a helper and takes well to positive reinforcement.

Emma
9 years old
Emma is another stubborn student and works very slowly. When he becomes frustrated because he has not finished his work while the other students already have, he folds his arms and places his head down on his desk. But I've reminded him that working slowly is not a bad thing and that it helps ensure that he's not making mistakes. Which proves correct because he places in the top three in most subjects. Emma is a sweetheart who also loves to make silly faces.

Vanesa
8 years old
Vanesa, oh Vanesa. She is the youngest in the school and has the shortest attention span, ever. But Vanesa is my little buddy. I tell her that she's the honey to my bee. Vanesa struggles in school but with extra help she can focus and get her work done. I've often said that if I could take Vanesa home with me, I would in a heartbeat. This little girl has completely stolen my heart. She even knows how to take a joke, because she's gone along with me saying that hens are her friends. 

Allan
14 years old
Allan was originally one of the toughest students in the class but over time has become a leader. Allan is Patricia's brother, having the same father and different mothers. Allan is incredibly smart when he puts his mind to it. He performs best in math, but would rather be drawing or reading. Allan has a tough future for him, being 14 and in P3, but I know if he sticks with it, he will go places in his life. He is stubborn and can make things happen.

Vero
12 years old
Vero is one of the best behaved in class, although I am quite positive that she has a learning disability. She is never able to complete any assignment and performs very poorly, unfortunately. But she has such a big heart and is always there to lend a helping had. She loves to do the dishes as well as dance around the classroom with the other girls in the class. Vero always welcomes you into the school each morning with a "how are you?" and a handshake.

Esther
13 years old
Esther is Emma's sister, and unlike Emma, she does not speak English. This has posed to be a major challenge. She is extremely smart and performs well in math. The other subjects are difficult for her because she is unable to read or understand the English. I am working with her on English so that she will be able to perform well in all subjects. Her laugh is the sweetest thing ever and her smile is heartwarming. The boys like to mess with her, but towering over them in size, she can easy throw them all off of her. I don't intervene because it's quite entertaining to say the least.

Richard
9 years old
Everyone knows who Richard is...the trouble maker! Richard is the most difficult student in P3. "Teacher! Teacher! Teacher!" Nonstop. Richard has a difficult time focusing in class and would do so well in his studies if he just kept his bum in his seat and did his work. He is such a sweetheart and craves attention. Richard attends the same church as me so I get to sit near this little rascal throughout church each week. He is unable to focus during church as well, ha.

Isaac
9 years old
Isaac also performs well in school and I think it's because he hangs out with Leonard so much. Him and his best friend like to mess around, but Isaac focuses when Leonard is not disturbing him. Issac is probably the best behaved in class and listens the best. He was the first winner of the Pop Fizz Award which is given to the student who has had the best behavior throughout the week. He enjoys math but would probably rather be out of the classroom hanging with his friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment