Wednesday, June 12, 2013

I just want to hide away

Today has most definitely been the most difficult day so far here in Uganda. And honestly, it’s been one of the most difficult days in my life. I have never been so emotionally drained before. All I’ve found myself singing to myself is, “it’s been a long day and I just want to hide away.”

Taylor and I started out the day wanting to be positive. And we did. I made us some PB&J sandwiches to have for lunch and even wrote, “keep a smile on your face” on the bags as a reminder of Romans 12:8 that states, “If you work with the disadvantaged, don’t let yourself get irritated with them or depressed by them. Keep a smile on your face.”

On the way to school on the boda, Taylor noticed that men were shouting as a more than usual, and then as we were coming down a dirt road, there was a truck full of police men who waved us to pass. When we were next to the passenger window, one of the police men asked us in Lugandan for our number. We were confused so he asked again. We both just started laughing and Benard our boda drive just laughed and drove off. So basically the police of Uganda asked for our number and is why they waved for us to come up beside their car. We found this extremely funny and thought that they day might actually be a good day.

We went into the day with a new attitude and with smiles on our faces, but things quickly turned sour. And I honestly do not know how to put today into words. I feel a mix of emotions. I had to hold back the tears all day long, because the only place I wanted to be was at home. I was angry and sad and frustrated all at once.

So right now I just ask for prayer. Taylor and I are in desperate need of prayer right now. We feel so beat down. I never expected this all to be easy, but also not this hard. Today at the school I just wanted to walk out. I wanted to leave and never come back.


2 comments:

  1. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight (Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV)

    Psalms 56:3 (NIV)
    "When I am afraid, I put my trust in you."

    Luke 12:22-32 (NIV)
    22 Then Jesus said to his disciples: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. 23 For life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. 24 Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! 25 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life[a]? 26 Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?

    27 “Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 28 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you—you of little faith! 29 And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. 30 For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. 31 But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.

    32 “Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom.

    2 Corinthians 5:17
    All things are made new in time

    Most common words repeated in the bible are "Be Not Afraid" it is mentioned over 360 times.

    Got you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelsey...you are in our prayers today. God be with today in such an incredible way that you experience HIS love, joy, grace and peace! You are loved by all of us back here at home and by God the Father. Prayin!!!

    ReplyDelete