Sunday, August 25, 2013

Random Ramblings

I have felt as if I have needed to post something profound for all of you who read this blog of mine, but I haven't been able to come up with something "profound" recently. I feel bad posting about random, funny things constantly, and never really anything of substance. But then I realized that it doesn't really matter what I post, as long as it's from the heart.

So instead of searching for something deep to write about, I thought I'd just make a lighthearted post once again, about some of the random things that have either made me laugh or almost keel over dead.

So let's begin, shall we?

I think I forgot what it's like when a boy's voice starts changing. There is one boy in P5 named Jordan, whose voice is changing and squeaks terribly. The other day he was in my P3 classroom and said the word, "if." And it was the highest pitch I think I've ever heard someone talk in. Izzi and I got a kick out of it and repeat it to him constantly now. Well today at church the pastor preaching said the word "if" in exactly the same tone which Jordan does and I just about susued in my pants from how funny it was. Unfortunately Izzi was not there to laugh about it with me.

Friday I walked home with three of the boys from school: Patrick, Isaac, and another Isaac. On the walk I took a good 'ol fall in all the dust and dirt. I was reminded that here in Uganda, no one really cares if you're okay, they just say, "sorry." All three boys said sorry as they tried to hold back the laughter. Once I stood up, took a bow and told them that we should probably put a cone up, the laughter spilled from their mouths. I proceeded to tell them to just wait, because their turn was coming. I'd take a fall any day to hear kids laugh as hard as they did. And they also got a kick out of me telling them to speak English. They repeated that about 45 times. That was until I thought one of them was saying "behind" when they were saying "Baha'i." And I said to them, "What are you talking about? Behind? Like my behind? Is my behind dirty from me falling?" And again the laughter spilled out and they could not possibly stop saying the word "behind." Good day to say the least.

Oh yeah, and I also taught the kids, "Guess what? Chicken butt." The actually find it funny. This was in honor of my little brother.

So anyhow, there are a few random stories from the past week or so. I am missing home dearly at the moment, but am also really happy to be here. I've been bonding with all of the kids a lot lately which is really nice.

How about you just enjoy a few random photos now:

One of my students, Leonard.
He is number one in our class and is the biggest cheese-ball ever.

Joshua on his chair throne.
He said to me before climbing up, "there my chair!"

Joshua and Nicole getting some early practice for carrying babies on their backs.

Some of the girls in the NCFH posing with
Henry's birthday cake that they helped me decorate.

Only in Uganda would you let the girls "tattoo"
your legs with permanent markers.

An oldie from George and Sarah's wedding where
Taylor and I pretended that we were Pepsi models.

Miss, Vanesa in my P3 class.
Whenever I tell them to hold their pencils, she holds hers like this.
This little girl has a tight grip on my heart.

Joshua all wrapped up in a box and some paper.
He was enjoying this quite a lot.

Henry came to my bedroom door to show me his outfit.
This is typical Henry for ya.

I sometimes call my students "chicken nug"
so they let me "tattoo" it on them with markers.

Vanesa and I just taking some selfies of course.
There's never a dull moment when you're spending time with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment