Wednesday, October 16, 2013

You Remind Me

Being back in California is not easy. Finding the motivation to simply get out of the bed each morning has been a difficult task to say the least. I knew that being home was going to be difficult, but I didn't think it would be as difficult as it has been.

It's been a daily struggle reminding myself that God has me back in Sacramento for a reason. I find myself constantly calculating what time it is in Uganda and thinking about what the children would be doing at that exact moment. Just arriving at school. I know that there is purpose in me being home for the next few months, but it's easier said than done when it comes to actually applying that to my life.

My life may have once been in California, in Sacramento, but it's not anymore. My life is in Kampala, Uganda. My life is teaching the children of Uganda and building relationships with each and every child I encounter. That's what I long for. To have those children back in my arms. I desire to be loving them and sharing the love of the Lord with them.

I am slowly accepting that this is where I am supposed to be for the time being. I have been realizing that God reminds me of everything I love. And that makes me happy. And that makes me content for at least a little while longer. Content in the fact that I know God is taking me back to Uganda soon and that he's using me while I'm here in Sacramento.
You remind me of everything I love
Yeah, you remind me of everything I love
A smile spreads to another
And another after that
And my eyes are closed
And your hand is there
A smile that's so much bigger
Than the smiles I have seen
And it makes me realize
That there is so much more than what I have seen

No comments:

Post a Comment