Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Keep on Kicking Butt


I am quite thankful for people like Caycee.

I adore that she knows the book that started this journey of mine and the fact that she takes the time and care to pray for me. I know Caycee from 512, the college group I've attended. Over the summer 512 had a camping trip and I had the privileged of sharing a tent with Caycee and two of our other friends, Sam and Austin. All three of the girls have been people who have encouraged me, welcomed me, and have made me feel cared about. And it means the absolute world to me, and has made such a difference in my life. 

Anyhow...

I have recently been getting a bit discouraged as well as overwhelmed with everything in regards to Uganda. All the funding I have left to raise, immunizations, and just the thought of leaving university and off to a new country has been weighing on my mind quite heavily. I am beyond excited for Uganda, but it has been stressing me out recently. 

It was this text message from Caycee that reminded me of what I am doing, who I am doing it for, and where my mind should be. 

The prayers and support from everyone mean so much to me and  they are what keep me going in this sometimes treacherous journey. 

So for now, I am going to point my eyes to where they need to be and "keep on kicking butt."

No comments:

Post a Comment